Monday, July 28, 2008

Lack of Blogging

I realize that it has been “forever” since I have blogged. I get so distracted by different things going on in my life and the blogging goes away… And when things are going on in my life I really want to blog about them all. I fear that I have forgotten some very important things that have happened in the past few weeks that I would have blogged about. Sad. But here I go and will write as much as I can remember. My brother Tim was here visiting from Korea. Yippie!! It was so great to see him. I think it has been about a year and a half since I had seen him. He came in on Sunday last week. And since Jakob had a birthday party to attend, he went with Daddy, and Aiden and I went to Newark to pick him up. Getting to Newark was pretty easy, our good friend Steve lent us his GPS and it got me there safe and sound. The trip home however, was TORTURE! After picking up Tim from the airport we stopped to get a bite to eat and get Aiden some chow – he was screaming in the backseat like he was being tortured. We ended up in little Portugal in Newark. Interesting neighbourhood – little scary. But we had a really good burger and Aiden ate quickly, then back in the car and off we went. So the hour and a half it took Aiden and I to get to Newark, turned into a three hour and a bit trip to get home. We sat in stop and go traffic getting over the g*#da** George Washington bridge. It was a very painful trip home. Not exactly how I wanted to welcome Tim. But what can you do. So we finally got home, had a great dinner (bbq’d by my hubby) and hung out. Jakob was very excited to see his Uncle Tim, and had to show him everything. Tim and Jake were inseperable. He wanted to do everything with Uncle Tim. We had a good few days. We went to the Aquarium, where Jake had to see and show us all everything. We hit the Skateboarding Park. Jake stood on the sidelines and shouted for Uncle Tim to be careful. And then he stood on the skateboard while Tim pushed him around. We did some shopping, some time at the beach, had some great meals, went for ice cream, and just hung out together. It was a good visit. It was too bad that Jason had to work such long hours and didn’t get a whole lot of time with us. But what can you do? That’s the way the cookie crumbles. Then came the dreaded day when we had to take Uncle Tim back to the airport to head back to Korea. I was not going to go the same way that we did picking him up. On a Friday morning we were destined to get stuck in all kinds of traffic getting there and coming home. Luckily I was able to change Jakob’s daycare day and he was in school on Friday. So Aiden and I would be taking Tim back to Newark. We plotted out our route the night before and agreed that we needed to get going early, real early. So Aiden, Tim and I headed back to Newark to take Tim back to the dreaded airport at 6:00 am. Now that may not sound to early, but I didn’t sleep well that night, and Aiden decided (after several nights of sleeping all the way through) that he needed to get up at 4:30 and stay up til 5:15ish. So there really wasn’t any going back to sleep for me. I needed to get up and get going so that we got out of there on time. And we did. The route we took was so easy and so smooth – not a single bit of traffic. Sailed all the way there! The goodbyes were tearful. And I was surprised to see him standing on the sidewalk waiting for Aiden and I to leave. It was so sweet. We waved and didn’t say goodbye – we said see you at the wedding. But that is a whole other blog. More to come… stay tuned for “don’t chew on the dog!”. Love big, Bake often
Tania
Tim and Aiden at the bowling alley...
Tim and Jakob at the Aquarium...
Tim teaching Jakob how to Skate. . .

No comments: